Sunday, January 21, 2007

nail-biting, brain numbing...life in academia.

if you see a girl sitting in class trying to keep her mind off of the subject that is probably me. the reason being because i can't stand the subject and the only way to keep myself from losing control is by pretending i am not hearing the lecture. it's the only way i can make it through some seminars.

i recently got tenative approval on my new dissertation topic. i'm planning on doing an ethnography of women cantors in the synagogue in the los angeles and nyc areas this summer, starting in april and going until whenever my deadline is in september.

currently i'm listening to lloyd rodger's the prince. for me, it's positive reinforcement. it's really an optimistic piece of music. i need some hope for music before the establishment steals my fire.

come on baby light my fire...

ps. my computer has been at the apple store's genius bar for three weeks now. i am hoping to get it back before the co2 in the the atmosphere rises to unbearable levels so that we run out of oxygen to breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home