Tuesday, August 15, 2006

rhul updates

since this blog is really about my take on the musica academia, i thought i should give an update on my status with royal holloway in london.

i have my UK entry student visa stamped into my passport. i purchased my airplane ticket. i will be flying out on the 22nd of september at around 3pm from LAX. i'm flying virgin atlantic--premium economy (woop woop). they give you a complementary glass of champagne upon take off. i have also sent my financial aid information to royal holloway so that it can be processed. about a week or two ago i was notified that i have been offered a place in one of the on-campus accommodations. i will be living in highfield court, which is, i believe, mostly a postgraduate accommodation. i get my own bathroom, yay!

as for registration and courses, that is still up in the air. i have been checking the enrollment site everyday now for about a week and the status is still the same "we will be making enrolment available in mid-august"...i have no idea what i am supposed to register for but i am hoping that i should get something from the music department telling me what to do. if i don't get something by the end of the week, i am planning on e-mailing the head of the ethno department to find out.

so, from the looks of it, i'm about 80 percent on my way. on the less than academic and adminisration side, my mom bought me a new set of luggage (it's really nice) and new clothes. i've been wearing clothes that i've had since sophomore year of high school and she claimed that i didn't have anything to wear...am i going to say no? yeah right.

as for the issue with airport security, all i can say is that i hope they loosen up by the time i go through check-in and customs. i'm annoyed by the choices our government makes but i can do very little to sway anyone in power.

all of my friends are going back to school next week. i can't believe summer is already over for them. i don't know what i am going to do for a month. i have a feeling i'm going to be following carl around fullerton because i'll be so bored sitting at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home