Sunday, November 05, 2006

Why I'll never use Microsoft again


Pathway, originally uploaded by vansgirl12.

I can run X11 on a Mac. Oh....my....


I will never ever use Windows. EVER. Honestly. I love my MacBook Pro. I'm starting to get into the geek stuff again because Mac OSX is built on UNIX so I can finally be a geek again and still be artistic. I recently downloaded a program (suggested by my father!!) called REALBasic, which is like Visual Basic, only you can use it on a Mac. I learned how to program in VB when I was a kid but I also learned how to program in C++ at university so hopefully I can put that to good use and write some scripts (I also learned some shell programming...mm..yeah, so that's what I was doing when I wasn't in the Music building and instead headed to the CS/Engineering building).

Aside from being geeky about computers, I have a few papers I need to write for my seminars. One is on how music in Latin American countries creates a place for political discourse that is not generally allowed outside of music. The other is a 'critical reading' of a theoretical musicological article. I have to criticisize and point out holes in the argument. I hope I find something I can really tear apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home