Monday, September 25, 2006

My first cooked meal


My first cooked meal, originally uploaded by vansgirl12.

today i picked up my temporary college card and then picked up my student union card. i get my permanent college card on thursday when i am officially enrolled.

afterward i took the train to a 'london borough' calles hounslow so i could go shopping for cooking stuff.

hounslow was interesting. i wish i had taken my camera with me but i was trying to travel light as i was about to purchase a lot of items. it's sort of a poorer area of London and there are a lot of Muslims and South Asians. Many of them dressed in traditional clothing. It was quite something to see!

While i was in Hounslow I got a new cover for my phone as the keypad on the phone had worn with use by the previous owner. After that I shopped at a place called 'Wilkinson' which is basically the equivalent to a Pic'n'Save. I went there because they sell stuff for really cheap.

I have yet to buy groceries but I am going to do that this evening. My plan was to take the bus down to the high street and shop at Tesco but I just met one of my hallmates and he has a car! He just got here this afternoon and is currently unpacking but he is planning on going into Staines to the Sainsbury (a better grocery store than Tesco) there to do his grocery shopping so I will be catching a ride with me. This is good news as my feet are tired and I've caught what people out here call the "Freshers flu". I just have a sore throat and I feel a bit under-the-weather but I am ok otherwise. I figure I'll buy some Theraflu.

Tonight we have a hall meeting. Sounds like a real informal get together so we can meet and greet over soft drinks and 'nibbles'. Tommarow is my Music departmnet induction which means I'll probably find out where I am supposed to go for my classes next week.

I bought a Young Persons Railcard today, as well. It gives me a discount on rail fare for 20 quid/year.

I am having a nice time but today I felt a bit lonely. I haven't met a lot of people yet as classes have not officially begun and the students in my hall are slowly trickling in. The accommodation is broken up into Blocks (which are the buildings) and then within each block are floors and then within the floors are flats. So I am in a flat with 5 other students and we share a kitchen that has two tiny refridgerators and one stove.

In other news...our television is missing! I wonder if someone put it in their room...I had just fixed the reception too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home