Wednesday, January 05, 2005

looks like it's miso and rice for breakfast!

we're a japanese family. at least, when i cook.

last night my sister and i made beef udon soup and rice. the udon noodles were frightful because we tried to make them from scratch (big mistake). next time, we've decided, we'll buy them in the package like any smart american would. even, any smart japanese would.

this morning we are eating miso soup and steamed rice. i think i needed to put a bit more miso. my mom didn't have any breakfast because she went out with her friend for coffee. my sister is in the shower....so, i'm the only one who has had any japanese breakfast. i think i'll add a bit more miso to their soup in the saucer before my sister is all dressed. my mom said she'll have some for lunch.

tonight, though, we're eating beef sukiyaki, or is it just sukiyaki? probably. let me find a photo...




that's about what it should look like. there is something called 'fu' that i couldn't locate. there is a mistuwa near my house (naturally) i think i will stop by there and try to find it. that, and buy some yummy sodas and stuff...

i have some stunning photos of carl from the other day. erica (his sister), my roommates, and myself took part in creating a 'mohawk' out of carl's hair. the end result was interesting. here are some photos:























so that's that. uhm, yes, that's my nose there. erica is the one leaning against the wall. the other two girls are my roommates. lauren is making the scary face, and aria is the one cowering....or something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have both white and brown shiritaki in that sukiyaki? That looks really yummy! I want some. Now. Why must I live in Sacramento where there is no sukiyaki?

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home