Sunday, February 06, 2005

isnt internet archive great?

here is a post from my old site pixillated.org:


1/15/2003
I am debating what I should do about clarinet and oboe. I almost feel annoyed about playing clarinet. Mostly thanks to my teacher. He tells me that you must love the instrument. And I do. Or did. But after what has happened with whether or not I can continue on oboe, I almost feel like, I don't care that he is a brilliant player. He is a tyrant and I can't handle someone who doesn't believe that I am telling the truth. That is a good person to work with. On the other hand, I have my oboe instructor. A brilliant player. One of the best oboe players around. He was the oboe player on the film "Titanic" soundtrack (the score by James Horner starring DiCapprio). He is kind and funny and he believes in my ability to be a brilliant oboe player. The only problem is that I can't get the scholarship on oboe this semester, only on clarinet. And my clarinet teacher put in as to say that I would not be a music major anymore if I went to oboe. I asked my oboe teacher and he said that was completely untrue and that my teacher was just "throwing his weight around." Which made me feel a little better. And so for a while I felt that I would just go with the state funded clarinet lessons and secretly take oboe lessons. But on Monday I woke up and I felt the urge to stop playing clarinet. To stop and only do oboe. And I still feel it slightly. It's almost an intuitive feelings, like I'm destined for something on the oboe. I don't know what to do about this at all.



i like reading the last part. "It's almost an intuitive feeling, like I'm destined for something on the oboe." For those of you who do not know me, I chose the oboe. I play in the wind ensemble now and I get state funded lessons. I am the only undergraduate oboe player at my university. I guess I was destined for something. It is funny to see this post. Journal entries are great in this sense. Especially when you've said something memorable.

I will be moving this journal very soon to leghairs.com. When I get a chance. I am currently working on a project for university. It is an organization called "Nose Round Productions" which I am the co-founder. http://www.noseround.org/ for more information. The site is not complete. Well, that's all. I have to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home